First I want to thank you for your support. The Taste of Fort Collins is the largest fundraiser for the Northeast Area and your support is greatly appreciated.
Civic Center Park (behind the court house off of Mason and LaPorte)
Volunteer check-in will be located inside of the gate at Mason and Laporte.
- There is free parking straight ahead of this intersection behind the large brick building on the left.
- There is a parking lot on the right of Mason and Laporte but I don't know what the daily fee is.
- There is also free parking up one block behind the police station.
- When entering the gate tell the staff you are volunteering and they will let you in.
- Trash - 20 + rolling trash cans around, taking out full bags and putting in new ones, taking trash to dumpster
- Ice runners - lifting 20lbs bags of ice and taking to vendors - 4
- Booth sitters - 2 going around giving vendors a restroom or dinner break
- Corporate Cabana helpers - 2 working corporate cabana area waiting on people
Entrances - 2
- Breakers - 4 to go around and give volunteers breaks
The second shift on Saturday will be very busy. We will be floating people around to where help is needed.
Saturday and Sunday volunteers will receive a Taste T-shirt. We ask that you wear these shirts with your volunteer name badge. This is how we recognize our volunteers. There will be port-a-pots available to change into your shirts.
Things you might want to bring with you:
- Water bottle, we will have some bottles availabe and water in coolers to refill with.
- Sunscreen - might be a bright sunny day
- Lawnchair - many of the positions allow you to sit. Chairs are not always available.
- Appropriate footwear for the job that you are doing. Many positions have a lot of walking.
- Id - incase we need your help with selling alcohol or if you want to buy an alcoholic beverage. You jmust be 21.
- Please do not bring your purses or large bags. We do not have a storage area for these.
Jacket - the weather has been been a little raining.
We will not cancel this event unless it is ruled unsafe. In 13 years we have had rain but the show has always gone on. Please be prepared for the weather.
In case you are unable to work your shift please call my cell 970.397.7236. Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you again.
Northeast Area Manager